OAN Sixth Form is committed to maximising educational opportunities and achievement for all students. For students to gain the best from their time at OAN Sixth Form, it is vital that they achieve excellent attendance and punctuality. We strive for 100% attendance for all students and recognise that promoting good attendance and punctuality prepares students for the disciplines of working life.
Sixth Form Absence Procedure
- Students will need to collect missed work from subject staff on the day they return to the Academy and attend catch up to ensure their learning does not suffer.
Student taken ill whilst in school
- Student goes to the Learning Manager who will contact home if they judge the student to be too ill to go home unaccompanied.
- No student should leave the Centre without first informing a member of staff.
- Any medical appointments – evidence where possible is required (try not to book medical appointments during lesson time).
- Illness – up to 3 absences authorised before medical evidence is needed.
- Driving tests – an appointment card/letter is required.
- University open days.
- Interviews at universities and/or for employment – evidence required.
- Religious festivals – at the discretion of the Head of Centre (maximum of 4 days).
- Moving house – evidence required (maximum of 1 day).
- Taken ill whilst at the Centre – go to see your Learning Manager.
- Family bereavement.
- Holidays in term time.
- Christmas shopping.
- Driving lessons.
- Absence caused by fatigue due to holidays.
- Absence as a result of food / alcohol indulgence.
- Missing the bus or getting up late.
- If a student’s attendance is below 85% by Easter then we reserve the right to withdraw them from their examinations.